Dr. Wm. Neil McLure, Clinical Psychologist on Prince Edward Island
Serving the mental health needs of patients throughout the Maritimes, Dr. Wm. Neil McLure, Psy.D., C.Psych., is an experienced Clinical Psychologist based in Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
What Is Clinical Psychology?
Clinical Psychology is a specialized area of expertise with a broad field of practice. Dr. McLure’s practice of Clinical Psychology deals with human functioning, consisting of human problems and their solutions or ways of promoting physical, mental and social well-being. Dr. McLure is engaged in assessment, diagnosis, consultation and treatment of problems for a wide range of individuals, families and groups. He provides services to children and adults, the elderly, and works with medical as well as mental health issues. Learn more about Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology.
Please call to schedule your appointment.
About Dr. McLure
Please find information on Dr. McLure’s credentials, education and professional affiliations listed below.
- Certified with the PEI Psychologists Registration Board (C.Psych.)
- Licensed with the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick (L.Psych)
- Member at Large and Ordinary Member of the CRHSPP National Executive
- Neuropsychology consultant with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League
Education / Diplomas
Dr. McLure completed a Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology. Other degrees include:
- Master of Science
- Master of Arts
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts
Residency training involved rotations in Neuropsychology, Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry. Additional education includes:
- Harvard University Medical School Clinical Research Fellowship
- Harvard University Medical School Clinical Research Assistant
- Harvard University Medical School Ecopsychology
- Harvard University Medical School Leadership Institute Studies
- Harvard University Medical School Ecopsychology & Psychotherapy Institute Studies
- Forest Institute Jungian Analytical Depth Psychology
- Dalhousie University Pain Research Centre Pain Disability Prevention Program
- Pacific Institute of Behavioural Medicine EMDR, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology (CPQ) by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB)
Dr. McLure has consulted with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC Radio) concerning:
- Learning disabilities
- Psychoeducational assessments
- Acquired Brain Injury